CLUB HISTORY

Farnham Bowling club was established in the town centre in 1878 behind the Bush Hotel, and we celebrate our 140th anniversary in 2018.  The club relocated to its current site a few hundred yards away in 1937.  We have a 6 rink green and can alternate play to spread the wear of the playing surface.  We currently have 50 members comprising Ladies and Gentlemen bowlers who play regularly between mid-April and the end of September in various local competitive leagues, played mid-week and a series of friendly matches with local clubs at weekends.  In addition members play internal competitions to determine Club Champion, Ladies and Men’s Champion as well as other competitions.  We are responsible for our own green maintenance, undertaken by dedicated club members.  The green is surrounded by beds of shrubs all of which contributes to an oasis of peaceful calm in the heart of the town.  Following the games we have a convivial clubhouse where players can toast their victory or drown their sorrows at the bar.  Overall management of the club is with the Management Committee, elected annually from the members at the AGM held in November.  New members are always welcome and you are assured of a warm welcome at any time. 

CLUB CONTACTS

Awaiting Photograph

Tom Young

Club President

Mandy Fitchett 

Club Secretary

Barbara Johnson

Fixtures Secretary

AFFILIATIONS

We are affiliated with the overall controlling body for the sport in England – Bowls England, and the following:

  • Aldershot & District Bowling Association

  • Blackwater Valley Ladies League

  • Farnham & District Bowling Association

  • Surrey County Bowling Association

  • Surrey Sapphire League

  • Three Counties Fellowship

  • West Surrey Bowling Association

Farnham Bowling Club address: 1 Bear Lane, Farnham, Surrey, GU9 7LE. Call  07472 566 204